THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Thursday, August 16, 2007

Welcome


Welcome!
For my profession as well as for leisure I travelled through some parts of Asia. Especially China and Thailand and I hope to put some more countries on my list.
Several years of zealous hard work (:-p) and cultural intermingling brought me a broad vision on some parts of Asia, which I want to share on this blog.
And this is of course a good way to put some pi cures posted, relax a bit after work and get my friends in touch with what I really do.
BTW the gate on the left is the entrance to the compound of the Wang family in Shanxi province. About 150.000 m² and built around the middle of the 18Th century.
This was a family of merchants who got rich thanks to trade in tofu and horses. Unfortunately the family had to sell a lot of its possessions because of their opium-addiction. And after the cultural revolution the whole compound became property of the Chinese government. So now it's open for tourism.

0 comments: