THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Wedding requirements in China

Thanks to my job a meet a lot of people and have to work with different people. Some of the guides I work with are unbelievable incompetent (especially in China as they get this well payed job thanks to their connections) but some are really devoted to their work. The information the guides give are sometimes not the things you can read in the guidebooks and because of this so interesting.
One of my good Chinese guides named Betty, in Kunming, told me about the wedding requirement's in China. Mostly what the male partner should have to offer his future wife. As seen through different decades you can clearly understand the enormous economical change in China.

In the '70 the 3 requirements for a husband were things associated with a wheel (round, rotation)

- Watch
- Bike
- Sewing machine


In the '90 the beginning of the economic reforms of Deng Xiao Peng can be felt. The 3 requirements were:

- Colour TV
- Refrigerator
- Automatic washing machine

And nowadays things have dramatically changed, more pressure for the husband:

- Car
- Private apartment
- Computer

So I hope in the future I will get more interesting tour guides, that would be one of my wishes for the New Year.

Wish reminds me :

MERRY CHRISTMAS and HAPPY NEW YEAR

0 comments: